1/2 ct. tw. Diamond & Blue Sapphire Men's Ring in 14K Gold
All jewelry has been enlarged to show beauty of detail. Gemstones may have been treated or enhanced by heating or irradiation and require special care in jewelry repair or cleaning.
The purity of gold is measured in karats. If gold is 100% pure, then it is 24 karat gold (24K). In its pure form, gold is soft and malleable, but scratches easily and is unsuited for jewelry wear. Consequently, it must be alloyed with other metals to give it strength.
- 18K Gold - 18 parts gold, 6 parts other metals by weight (75% pure)
- 14K Gold - 14 parts gold, 10 parts other metals by weight (58.3% pure)
- 10K Gold - 10 parts gold, 14 parts other metals by weight (41.7% pure)
The shade of yellow gold can vary based on the alloy. As the amount of gold increases, so does the brightness of the yellow color. When yellow gold is mixed with nickel and zinc, it becomes white gold, which looks similar to platinum.
Made from yellow gold and various alloys and is not a true white metal. It is often plated with Rhodium, a white and reflective metal that provides an excellent protective coating. Rhodium plating will gradually wear off and require re-plating.
The Helzberg Diamonds Difference
What's special about Helzberg Diamonds?
- FREE ground shipping on orders of $149 or more
- $9.95 ground shipping on orders less than $149
- $19.95 overnight shipping on all orders
Learn more about Shipping