Privacy & Security
Effective: May 28, 2015
Information We Collect
- Demographics and Preferences Information
- General Browsing Information and Server Logs
- Cookies, Web Beacons, and other Tracking Devices
Personal Information includes any individually identifiable information and any associated information (such as (1) a persistent identifier, customer number, MAC or IP address, or other identifier; (2) device information and operating system; and (3) demographics, preferences and interests information; when such information is associated with individually identifiable information). Individually identifiable information that we may collect on a Site includes an individual’s first and last name; payment information including credit card numbers; a street, mailing or e-mail address; a personal identifier that reveals an individual’s e-mail address; precise location data; a telephone number; or other unique identifier which may identify you over time. Personal Information includes any information defined as personally identifiable information under applicable law.
“Non-Personal Information” includes any information which is not Personal Information that Helzberg collects including, but not limited to, the following categories:
Helzberg collects information regarding your demographics, preferences, and interests to help identify and analyze our target market and generally tailor our Sites and advertisements.
Helzberg automatically gathers information about where you go on a Site and certain information about your device (such as your IP address or device ID when not associated with personally identifiable information). This information helps us improve and manage our business operations, determine which areas of the Sites are most visited, and provide a quality online shopping experience by recognizing and delivering more of the features, services and products you prefer.
Helzberg’s Sites also use a variety of cookies and other tracking devices to help us make our site more responsive to your needs and deliver a more personalized online experience. For example, if you provide your zip code we may store it in a cookie and use it to remember your nearest Helzberg Diamonds stores or if you click on one of our ads we may track what products you view or purchase from our website to evaluate the ad’s performance. We use web beacons or clear gifs (which are single pixel images) to help monitor how often a specific page or message is viewed. We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of these ads, please click here.
How We Collect Personal Information
The primary ways in which we collect your Personal Information through the Sites includes:
- Directly from you when you purchase a product on a Site or when you complete or enter any forms, promotions, contests, or messages through a Site.
- Directly from you when you request to receive marketing and promotional messages. To stop receiving these messages see “Opt-Out and Unsubscribe”.
- Automatically as you navigate through a Site. Information collected automatically generally does not consist of Personal Information when collected, but may become Personal Information when such information is associated with Personal Information.
We may combine the Personal Information we collect with other information we possess to verify, update or complete the information we have about you from time to time.
How We Use Personal Information
Helzberg uses the Personal Information that we collect about you:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To present and personalize the Sites and notify you of changes to a Site.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To, unless you opt-out, send you marketing and promotional messages for special offers involving our own or our partner’s goods and services that may be of interest to you. To stop receiving these messages see “Opt-Out and Unsubscribe”.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Sites.
- To improve our Sites, services, product offerings, marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For our general business administrative and oversight purposes.
- For any other purpose with your prior consent.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose any Personal Information that we collect or you provide through a Site:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To our agents, contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business (such as shipping orders, completing credit checks, maintaining a Site, etc.) for their use in completing services on our behalf.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Helzberg's assets in which personal information held by Helzberg is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To any other party if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Helzberg, our customers or others. This includes sharing information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your prior consent.
We may use or disclose any non-individually identifiable information (including aggregated information) about our users that we collect and any Non-Personal Information without restriction.
Opt-Out and Unsubscribe
We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of receiving certain electronic marketing and promotional messages from us. If you wish to opt-out or unsubscribe from these marketing messages then you should follow the unsubscribe instructions in the applicable message (see below for SMS unsubscribe) or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-HELZBERG. Note: removal from our e-mail marketing list will not prevent you from receiving confirmation messages for orders you place or other information you request on a Site. Although we will promptly begin removing your name from our e-mail marketing lists after receiving your request, for a limited period of time you may still receive messages from us for that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
Disclosure: You may receive marketing and promotional messages (SMS and MMS) from Helzberg if you provide your mobile number and opt-in to receive such messages. If your device or carrier does not support MMS alerts, you will receive a SMS alert. For more information and support reply HDHELP to 88769; or call 1-800-HELZBERG, or message email@example.com. To cancel and unsubscribe you can either reply HSTOP to 88769; or call 1-800-HELZBERG, or message firstname.lastname@example.org. Standard text messaging and data rates apply.
Accessing, Changing, or Requesting Removal of Your Information
If at any time you would like to request access to or change any Personal Information that you have provided to Helzberg, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-HELZBERG. Please include your full name, street and email address, telephone number, and password (if applicable) in any message to ensure we can identify all of your information that we collected. We may not accommodate a request to change or remove information if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Links and Third Party Content
Our Sites may contain links to other web sites or applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites.
Children’s Personal Information
The Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or through any Site. Helzberg does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use any of the Sites. If Helzberg learns that it has collected or received any personal information from a child under 13 other than in accordance with law, Helzberg will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-HELZBERG.
We have implemented commercially appropriate measures intended to secure your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure in conformance with industry standards. Any orders, including payment and Personal Information submitted as part of an order, are encrypted using SSL technology on our server. Note that we are not responsible for devices, applications, or other programs located on your device or connection which may intercept your information (such as a “keylogger”). It is our policy to not send sensitive information, such as a credit card number, via email. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information that is transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have a password for access to certain parts of a Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You may not share your password with anyone.
Helzberg may change this policy from time to time. By your continued use of a Site after we make changes, you are deemed to accept of those changes, so please review the policy periodically for updates.