Enter for the chance to win a $2,000 Helzberg® gift certificate. Click here for official sweepstakes rules.
Official Rules for Helzberg Diamond's To Have and To Hold Sweepstake
- 1. NO PURCHASE OR OTHER CONSIDERATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER AND WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCE OF WINNING.
- 2. Eligibility: To enter, you must (a) be 18 years of age or older, (b) be a legal resident of the United States and one of its fifty states or the District of Columbia, and (c) not be an employee, officer or director of Helzberg Diamonds or any of its affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, or other person or entity involved in the development, production, administration or fulfillment of the Helzberg Diamonds’ To Have and To Hold Sweepstakes (this “Sweepstakes”), or an immediate family member of any such person. Helzberg Diamonds and all above-identified affiliates, entities and individuals are collectively referred to in these Official Rules as “Helzberg Diamonds and Affiliates”.
- 3. Entry: The entry period (the “Promotion Period”) begins September 26, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on October 17, 2016. To enter, during the Promotion Period, either: (a) go to http://www.helzberg.com/sweeps and complete and submit all required information in the online entry form; or (b) go to any Helzberg Diamonds retail store, obtain and complete all required information in the entry form and then deposit it in a sweepstakes deposit box of the store. Required information for online entry means your first and last name, home address and email address and required information for in-store entry is the same except no email address is required. Only one entry per person will be accepted. To constitute a valid entry, you must meet the eligibility requirements in 2 above and your entry must comply with the applicable entry requirements in this Section 3 and be received by Helzberg Diamonds during the Promotion Period. All late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undelivered or destroyed entries are invalid entries, regardless of the person responsible or cause, including, but not limited to, any problem or technical malfunction of any computer online system or server or technical problem or traffic congestion on the Internet or at our website. Helzberg Diamonds reserves the rights to, at its sole discretion, cancel, suspend and/or modify this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules or disqualify any individual or entry for purposes of protecting the integrity of this Sweepstakes or addressing changes in business operations or other circumstances, to the extent allowed under applicable law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Helzberg Diamonds as the Sponsor.
- 4. Drawing; Prize: On or about November 14, 2016, Helzberg Diamonds will randomly draw one Prize Winner from among all valid entries received nationwide through all methods of entry combined during the Promotion Period (the “Drawing”). The Prize is a $2,000 Helzberg Diamonds gift card. The Prize (a) is redeemable at any Helzberg Diamonds retail store but cannot be used for purchases from Helzberg Diamonds’ online store, (b) is not transferable or redeemable for cash or substitution and (c) cannot be refunded or exchanged except at the sole discretion of Helzberg Diamonds. The prize winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, fees and other government assessments on the awarded prize. Helzberg Diamonds has the sole authority to determine the Prize Winners and its decisions are final and binding in all respects.
- 5. Odds: The odds that a valid entry will be selected in the Drawing are one out of the total number of valid entries received nationwide from all methods of entry combined. The maximum number of entries and the exact odds cannot be determined.
- 6. Claiming Prizes; Alternate: The Prize Winner will be notified by email. To claim the Prize, the tentatively selected Prize Winner must (a) respond as directed by email within seven days of the date of first notice of award; and then (b) complete, sign and return as directed to Helzberg Diamonds within fourteen days after
- the date of the first notice of award, Helzberg Diamonds’ form of Prize Acceptance Agreement that includes an affidavit of eligibility (including proof of eligibility upon request), waiver of liability, and publicity authorization and release plus an IRS Form W-9 (collectively, the “Acceptance Documents”). If a tentatively selected Prize Winner fails to timely respond or comply with these requirements, or if Helzberg Diamonds determines a tentatively selected Prize Winner ineligible after review of the Acceptance Documents, as applicable, then such Prize Winner will be disqualified. If any tentatively selected Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Helzberg Diamonds will award the Prize, as applicable, to an alternate winner selected by random drawing consistent with the above Drawing terms. If Helzberg Diamonds is unable to award the Prize after making reasonable attempts, the Prize will remain un-awarded unless otherwise prohibited by law. Final selection as a winner is subject to verification of compliance with the eligibility and entry requirements outlined in these Official Rules.
- 7. Grant of Rights; Waiver and Release: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant (a) grants to Helzberg Diamonds an irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted and worldwide right to use entrant’s name and likeness in its advertising and promotional materials, regardless of the type of media, the content of the advertisement or promotion, or the manner of publication, broadcast or distribution (including, without limitation, Internet) and (b) agrees (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Helzberg Diamonds as the Sponsor of this Sweepstakes; (ii) to release and hold harmless Helzberg Diamonds and Affiliates from any and all losses, damages, claims and actions of any kind arising from this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession or use of any awarded prize, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; (iii) that Helzberg Diamonds may send to such entrant marketing, advertising and promotional materials to the address(es) provided in the Sweepstakes entry; (iv) that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or the prizes shall be governed by the law specified in 8 below and shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Clay County, Missouri, and entrant hereby consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for purposes of any such action; and (v) that Helzberg Diamonds is responsible for and cannot be held liable for unauthorized human intervention, technical errors, printing errors, mail delays, or any other errors in the administration of this Sweepstakes.
- 8. Applicable Law and Geographic Area: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rule of any jurisdiction. This Sweepstakes is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law.
- 9. Standard Terms Inapplicable: Helzberg Diamonds’ Standard Terms of Helzberg Diamonds’ Online and Mobile Prize Promotions do not apply to this Sweepstakes.
- 10. Sponsor and Winners List: The name and address of the Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Helzberg’s Diamond Shops, Inc., 1825 Swift Avenue, North Kansas City, Missouri 64116. You may obtain the name of the Prize Winner by sending a request to Helzberg Diamonds (identifying this particular Sweepstakes) to the above address, together with a stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope.